What do you want to do in your garden?
Maybe plant some flowers in pots?
But do you know which pots should you buy?
Terracotta or plastic?
Both kind of pots have their good and bad qualities and sometimes it is difficult to choose the right one.
- are made from baked clay
- have a classic look
- are perfect for a shaded area
- will be heavy
- can be fragile
- are vulnerable to cold weather
- dry out in high temperatures
- are made of inert materials
- come in various colors: green, buff, black, brown or white
- are perfect for a full-sun area
- are lightweight and flexible
- hold water, so the plants will require less water than those in terracotta pots
- are durable
- are not suitable for large plants
I have used both kind of pots, but I can not tell you which one is my favorite, since I prefer both types.
I like terracotta pots because they are old-fashioned and plastic pots because they are easy to clean and to store.
Whatever pot you choose it should have drainage holes in the bottom.