Bulbs come in a variety of sizes and colors, so there is a large variety of bulbs to choose from.
Bulb planting should be easy, but somehow we manage to make small mistakes when planting our favorite flower bulbs.
Here are some useful tips for you:
• make sure that you buy high-quality bulbs
• choose bulbs that are plump and firm
• avoid mushy and soft bulbs
• plant bulbs after the last frost
• the soil should be well-drained
• choose an appropriate location for your bulbs
• plant with the pointed side up
• bulbs should be planted in holes 3 to 4 times as deep as the bulb itself
• do not use strong commercial fertilizer when planting the bulbs
• always check the estimated height of your bulbs
• store the bulbs in a well-ventilated area
• water the bulbs following planting
When choosing the bulb varieties, the first step would be to consider possible color combinations. If you have the imagination, you will find the bulbs to fit your plan.
Spring bulbs will not only provide colorful flowers, some of them have a beautiful scent.
If you like heady fragrances, you should try to plant freesias and hyacinths.